Phone: 1-888-755-4370 (toll free US only)
Phone: 1-215-526-2151 (worldwide)
June 01, 2016 — For Immediate Release
NewAge® Industries Celebrates Five Years as a Solar Powered Manufacturer
Obtains All Its Electricity from Renewable Sources
Southampton, PA — This month plastic tubing manufacturer NewAge Industries will observe the fifth anniversary of its rooftop solar panel array and green power system. The array, consisting of over 4,000 solar panels, generates one megawatt of electricity annually.
Why did NewAge take this step five years ago? There were several reasons:
- Because it’s good for the environment. NewAge had already taken many steps toward greening its carbon footprint — replacing all windows, adding screens to dock doors for natural ventilation, upgrading its lighting, replacing manufacturing equipment motors with energy-efficient versions, properly recycling e-waste — but the solar array project was its most ambitious to date.
- Because it was a goal to be a green company. Companies that take measurable steps toward environmental responsibility are respected, and those are the companies customers want to do business with.
- To set an example. Being a leader in going green showed that NewAge cares about the environment and its community. The company also made it a point to use only U.S.-made components — solar panels, inverters, the racking system — to support American manufacturing.
- To save money. It is estimated that the solar panel system will pay for itself in electricity bill savings in about four more years.
- To preserve this earth for our future generations.
Ken Baker, NewAge’s CEO, said, "It’s very satisfying to say that we make our products using renewable energy. The solar array provides about half our annual electricity requirements, and the additional power needed is purchased from green energy providers. We’re pleased to be able to help the environment, support our community, and lower our dependency on fossil fuels."
NewAge has continued its push toward greener activities. It recently stopped providing Styrofoam cups and asks team members to use washable, company-provided ceramic mugs or environmentally-friendly paper drinking cups. Team members also received aluminum water bottles, which they can refill with spring water from the company’s water coolers located throughout the building. Carpooling is encouraged and practiced, and green cleaning products are used. Restrooms are equipped with motion sensors, so lights are only on when necessary. Team members even swap plants to literally green their work areas.
For more information on NewAge’s rooftop solar panel array and its other green initiatives, contact the AdvantaPure team at 145 James Way, Southampton, PA 18966; phone 888-755-4370 or 215-526-2151; fax 888-258-4293 or 215-526-2167; e-mail: email@example.com.
# # #
About AdvantaPure and NewAge Industries
AdvantaPure, a division of NewAge Industries, specializes in clean products for the pharmaceutical, biomedical, food, beverage, chemical, and cosmetic industries. All products are manufactured, stored, and shipped using the cleanest methods possible to ensure unsurpassed product purity.
In business since 1954, NewAge Industries is a manufacturer and fabricator of thermoplastic and thermoset tubing and hose, and a supplier of fittings and clamps. The company offers one of the broadest product lines of tubing, hose, and fittings in the U.S., and its custom extrusion and fabrication services are unrivaled. In 2006, NewAge Industries initiated an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) for the benefit of both its employees and customers.